DEPLOYMENT LOCATION ELIGIBILITY
MPA Deployment sites must:
- Have regulations in place and geo coordinates of MPA boundaries
- Have committed staff to manage equipment and perform enforcement
- Have enforcement capabilities (rangers, boats, etc.)
- Have infrastructure in place to house equipment:
- Clear line of Sight or a Radar Tower: To ensure a clear view of the area being monitored, the radar needs to be mounted at least 25-30ft above water. The height of the tower depends on radar location and distance from the coastline. The roof of a building or other structure with a clear view of the managed area can also be used in place of a tower.
- Electricity: A consistent power source must be available (either grid tide or off grid) to power the system 24/7. Specific power requirements vary depending on system hardware configuration.
- Internet Access: Internet connection via ethernet or wifi connection. If local internet connection is unavailable a remote internet connection is required through a satellite internet terminal capable of transmitting via HTTP protocol and a data plan of at least 5.5MB/day.
- Be willing to share regular reports on boat activity and to share data
- Be willing to assist with logistics for shipping equipment
- Be funded for deployment and maintenance. Anthropocene Institute will provide software, hosting, and consulting services. To view total projected costs, please visit Full Projected Marine Monitor Costs.
- Fill out the M2 Deployment Site Application and send to firstname.lastname@example.org