To use the M2 software, users will need to acquire the equipment listed below in the System Specifications and Additional Equipment Required for Successful Deployment sections.
M2 HARDWARE SPECIFICATIONS
- Furuno DRS4D – NXT 24″ Dome Antenna or Furuno DRS6A X-Class 4′ Open Array antenna. For additional radar specifications, please see the Furuno DRS4D-NXT or DRS6A X-Class installation manuals.
- Furuno TZTL12F NavNet TZ Touch 12″ Chartplotter Multi-Function Display
- Navico GS25 Antenna with built in Rate Compass
- Actisense USG-2 USB to NMEA0183 Converter
- Computer with at least 8GB of memory and 1TB of storage
- Power Supply Converter Charger: 110 Volt to 12 Volt Dv for Rv Pm3-45 (35Amp)
Optional Equipment Configurations:
- Automatic Identification System (AIS) Sensor: SI-TEX MDA-2 metadata dual channel parallel AIS receiver and AIS Antenna
- Pan-Tilt-Zoom Camera: COHU RISE 4260HD PTZ IP Video Camera
ADDITIONAL EQUIPMENT REQUIRED FOR DEPLOYMENT
- Radar Tower: To ensure a clear view of the area being monitored, the radar needs to be mounted at least 25-30ft above water. The height of the tower depends on radar location and distance from the coastline. The roof of a building or other structure with a clear view of the managed area can also be used in place of a tower.
- Electricity: A consistent power source must be available (either grid tide or off grid) to power the system 24/7. Specific power requirements vary depending on system hardware configuration.
- Internet Access: Internet connection via ethernet or wifi connection. If local internet connection is unavailable a remote internet connection is required through a satellite internet terminal capable of transmitting via HTTP protocol and a data plan of at least 5.5MB/day.